DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY
The Department of Pathology at CoimbatoreMedical College was started in the year 1969.
Histopathology laboratory services and academic activities are functioning in the college campus.
Cytopathology and hematology laboratory services are provided in hospital campus.Emergency laboratory services are available 24x7.
Now we have 200 Undergraduate students every year from 2021.
Post graduate course in M.D pathology was started in May 2007 with four students per year and later from 2010, the number of post graduate seats increased from 4 to 7.
Paramedical courses available include - DMLT, D.Pharm, BSc. Radiology, B.Sc. Cardiology technician and B.Sc. Dialysis.
Frozen Section Study
FNAC including USG guided aspiration and reporting
Complete Blood Count
Peripheral smear and bone marrow aspiration study
Workup of hematological disorders
Hospital campus: 9am to 3.00pm
College campus: 10am to 4.30pm
AVERAGE IP/OP STATISTICS:
Histopathology – 6966
Cytopathology – 4881
Haematology - 56636
PLEASE SEE COURSES
NAME OFTHE COURSES OFFERED
DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
B.Sc. Cardiology technician
FOR ELIGIBILITY, COURSE DURATION, SANCTIONED NO. OF SEATS, AFFILIATED UNIVERSITY, SELECTION PROCEDURE, EXAMINATION DETAILS PLEASE SEE - COURSES
PERIODIC ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES HELD IN THE DEPARTMENT:
Guest lectures including slide seminars.
Faculty classes for Post Graduates.
Grossing specimen discussions.
Under Graduate (CBME Curriculum):
Integrated teaching based on CBME
Case Based Discussions
Theory and practical classes
PRIZES AND AWARD CONSTITUTED BY THE DEPARTMENT:
PRIZES AND AWARDS WON:
CME IN NEUROPATHOLOGY 2010 - Dr. Puvitha, Final year postgraduatestudent got First Prize
Annual Meet of IAPM 2010 - Dr. Jamuna, Final year Postgraduatestudent got second prize
CME in Gastroenterology 2011 - Dr.Jamuna, Final year Postgraduatestudent got First Prize
CME in Gastroenterology 2011 - Dr.RajeshwariThivya, 1 Year Postgraduatestudent got Third Prize
CME in Dermatopathology, PSG 2011 - Dr.Muruganantham, Final YearPostgraduate student got First Prize
CME in Lymphoma , GKNM 2011 - Dr. Jamuna, Final Year Postgraduate student got Second Prize
CME on Haematology, Trivandrum - Dr.YogaLakshmi, Final Year Postgraduate student got Second Prize
EPIC 2021, December - Dr.R. Shobana , got second prize in paper presentation
E-Pathology International Conference
TAPCON 2022, TVMCH - Dr.S. Vigneshwari got First Prize in paper presentation
VIN PATHCON 2022 VMKVMC, Salem - Dr. B. Bharathi got Second Prize
CMEs, WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCES CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT
PATH QUEST CME CONDUCTED - AUGUST2007
CME ON IMMUNOFLOURESCENCE TECHNIQUE IN VESICULO BULLOUS LESIONS OF SKIN -DEC 2010
CME on REFRACTORY ANEMIA - MAY2016
CURRENT TRENDS IN DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS OF LEUKEMIA -NOV 2022
RESEARCH ANDPUBLICATIONS (NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL)
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS BY FACULTIES:
DR. R. GOPAL PROFESSOR
1. Prevalence of Hepatitis B Virus Infection among Voluntary Blood Donor at a tertiary Care Hospital Blood Bank - Tiruchirappalli. Vol 4, Issue 10, Jan 2017
2. DiagnosticAccuracy of Squash Cytology in Meningioma
Vol 9, Issue 3, March 2019
3. Histopathology Study of lesions of SinoNasal region Vol 9, Issue 3, March 2019
4. Endometrial Polyps: A Study on Prevalence, Characterisation and Risk of Malignant Potential, Vol 7, Issue 6, June 2017
DR. A. DHANALAKSHMI PROFESSOR
1. Primary Nasopharyngeal Yolk Sac Tumour: A Case Report, Journal of Clinical And Diagnostic Research,Vol10(5) May2016
2.Morphological Spectrum Of Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma And Utility Of Immunohistochemistry, Indian Journal Of Pathology: Research And Practice,Vol 5 Issue 2 May-Aug 2016
3.Immunohistochemical Profile of Lung Tumours in Image Guided Biopsies,Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine,Vol 4 Issue 5 Sep- Oct 2017
4.Histopathological Analysis of Lung in Sudden Natural Death,Iosr Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences,Vol 15(10) Oct 2016
5.Expression Of Angiogenic Factors In Psoriasis Vulgaris,Journal Of Clinical And Diagnostic Research,2017 March, Vol-11(3);Ec223-27
6.Immunohistochemical Expression Of Cytokeratin 19 In Thyroid Nodules And Its Correlation With Histopathology, Annals Of Pathology And Laboratory Medicine.
7. Immunohistochemical Profile And Distribution Of Non Hodgkin And Hodgkin Lymphoma- An Experience In A Medical College Hospital In Tamil Nadu Indian Journal Of Medical And Paediatric Oncology .
DR. S. KALYANI ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
1.Study On Histopathological Pattern Of Thyroid Lesions And Its Cytological Correlation: An Experience Of A Rural Tertiary Care Centre. Indian Journal of Pathology: Research and Practice. Vol 7/Issue 6. June 2018.
2. Study of Breast Lesion in Tertiary Health Care Centre. International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology Volume 18/Issue 3. March 2016.
3. A Two Year Retrospective Study of ovarian Tumour in a Rural Tertiary Care Hospital. Indian Journal of Pathology and Oncology. Volume 5/Issue 4/May 2018.
4. A Clinic Histopathological Study of Uterine Cervix Biopsy at Tertiary Care Centre 2 Year Study. Ip Journal of Diagnostic Pathology and Oncology. Volume 3/Issue 2/ June 2018.
5. Case Study ofRhinosporidiosisin Tertiary Care Centre. Med Pulse-International Medical Journal Volume 3 Issue/2/ Cot. 2/ 2016.
DR. M. SUMATHI ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
1. Diagnostic Utility on Urine Cytology in Urinary Bladder Lesions with Histopathological Correlation, Mar 2017, IJAR, Vol 7, Issue 3, Pg 150-152
2. Her 2 Neu Expression In Colorectal Carcinoma And Its Correlation WithClinico Pathologic Variables, MAR 2017, Vol 7, Issue 3, Pg 219-229
3. Categorization of Dengue Based On Duration of Fever and Serological Markers In A Tertiary Care Hospital, IJAR, June 2017, Vol 6, Issue 3, Pg 409-413
4. Distribution of ABO andRhd Blood Group among Blood Donors At Tertiary Care Hospital, Tamilnadu, Apr 2018, Vol 7, Issue 4, Pg 59-60
5. Role of FNAC in Evaluation of Peripheral Lymphadenopathy - Study At Tertiary Care Hospital, IJAR, Vol 8, Issue 4, Pg 89-91
6. Incidence and Outcome of Cutaneous Malignancies in Tertiary Care Hospital
7. Primary Nasopharyngeal Yolk Sac Tumour: A Case Report, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, Vol 10(5) May 2016
8. Practical Approach to Fatigue Patients in Tertiary Care Hospital - A Prospective Study, IOSR-JDMS, Vol 16, Issue 9, Pg 15-17
DR. SUDHA ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
1. An Assessment Of Angiogenesis In Fibrocystic Breast Disease And Invasive Breast Carcinoma. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci./Eissn- 2278-4802, Pissn- 2278-4748/ Vol. 6/ Issue 78/ Sept. 28, 2017.
2. A Case Control Study Of Cord Blood Haematological Profile Of Neonates Born To Mothers With Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. Indian Council of Medical Research Sts. 2018
DR. M. KAVITHA ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
1. Significance of Pap smear In Detecting Abnormalities of Cervix in HIV Infected Women,Journal Of Evolution Of Medical And Dental Sciences.
2. Evaluation of Peripheral Smear and Bone Marrow In Patients Presenting With Pancytopenia. Vol7/ Issue 29/ Jul 2018
3. A Study of Histopathological Spectrum Of breast lesions
DR.C. NARMADHA ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
1. Evaluation of Leprosy Cases In Correlation Of Histopathology And Demonstration of LepraBacilli aProspective Study.. International Journal of Scientific study. Vol 6/ Issue 12/ Mar 2019.
2. A prospective study on variations in hematological parameters in pulmonary tuberculosis
DR. T. PAVITHRA ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
1.Immunohistochemical Profile Of Lung Tumours In Image Guided Biopsies, Annals Of Pathology And Laboratory Medicine,Vol 4 Issue 5 Sep- Oct 2017
2.Significance Of Pap Smear In Detecting Abnormalities Of Cervix In Hiv Infected Women,Journal Of Evolution Of Medical And Dental Sciences
3. Primary Nasopharyngeal YolksacTumour-A Case Report,Journal Of Clinical And Diagnostic Research.
DR.M.G.BHUVANESWARI ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
1. A Study Of Histopathological Spectrum Of Thyroid Lesion. International Journal of Scientific study. Vol 7/ Issue 1/ Apr 2019.
DR. P. KALAIVANI ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
1. Role Of FNAC In Evaluation Of Peripheral Lymphadenopathy - Study At Tertiary Care Hospital
DR. N. VANI ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
1. Diagnostic Utility on Urine Cytology in Urinary Bladder Lesions with Histopathological Correlation
2. Her 2 Neu Expression in Colorectal Carcinoma and Its Correlation withClinico Pathologic Variables
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS IN THE DEPARTMENT
|| Guiding faculty & postgraduate
||Worst pattern of invasion - Prognostic predictor for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma in tertiary care centre.
||Dr.Gopal . R
||Comparison of Touch Imprint and Squash Cytology in Intra operative diagnosis of CNS Lesions
||Correlation of Thyroid Ultrasound (TIRADS) and Thyroid Cytopathology (Bethesda system findings with Histopathology in solitary Thyroid Nodules - a prospective study
Dr. Indira. A
||A study of diagnostic accuracy of modified MASOOD'S scoring index (MMSI) of breast lesions and its comparison with histopathology
||Study of histopathological spectrum of interface dermatitis in various skin lesions and its clinicopathological correlation.
||Evaluation of reticulocyte heamoglobin level versus serum ferritin in early iron deficiency anemia.
||Role of fine needle aspiration cytology in soft tissue lesion and histopathology correlation.