DEPARTMENT OF PLASTIC SURGERY
COIMBATORE MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL
HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PLASTIC SURGERY
The Department of Plastic surgery at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital was started by
Prof. Dr. C. N. Ramasamy in the year 1980. When started, the department had four beds attached to the Department of General Surgery.
Then, a separate plastic surgery block was built and now caters the plastic surgery needs of the public in and around Coimbatore.
The Department was first headed by Prof. Dr. N. Mahendran, then followed by Prof. Dr. C. N. Ramasamy,
Prof. Dr. R. Vijayakumar, .Dr. S. Palanivelu, Prof. Dr. B. Asokan in that order. With the continued efforts of our dean we have the following facilities like Operating Microscope ,LED lights, Orthopantomogram(OPG), to serve the people in a better way
The Department has one Professor, One associate professor and four Assistant Professors.
STAFF NURSES : 5
MNA : 2
PHYSIOTHERAPIST : 1
HOSPITAL WORKER : 2
SANITARY WORKER : 2
LAB TECHNICIAN : 1
OPERATION THEATRE STAFFS
STAFF NURSES : 3
THEATRE ASSISTANT : 2
STRETCHER BEARER : 2
NAME OF THE COURSE: M.Ch –plastic and reconstructive surgery
RECOGNITION BY M.C.I : YES
|| M.S –General Surgery
|| 3 Yrs
|Sanctioned number of seats
|| Two per Year
|Details of affiliated university
||Tamilnadu Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
|| Through Entrance examination
|University examination details
|| End of the course
· M.S General Surgery and M.S Ortho Post graduates are getting training in Plastic Surgery Department.
· We are taking classes for MBBS and Nursing students
· We are conducting planning sessions weekly once.
· Clinical cases are discussed on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
· We have Journal Club on Friday
CME AND WORKSHOPS
· Attending and presenting Papers in various State and National and International Conferences.
· Taking part in CMEs conducted by Coimbatore Medical College Hospital every month 1st Saturday by Coimbatore Association of Plastic Surgery
· Papers are presented in various conferences by the Department of Plastic Surgery.
· A state Conference was conducted (TANPAPS) in January 2007 by the Department of Plastic Surgery, CMCH at Coimbatore.
1.OUT PATIENT DEPARMENT
We conduct regular O.P.D s on Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday/saturday
2.IN PATIENT DEPARTMENT
We have total of 33 beds for male and female including children
3. SURGEGICAL FACILITIES
We do regularly following plastic surgery cases regularly
1. Cleft lip and palate
2. Soft Tissue Injuries of face
3. TMJ dislocation & Ankylosis
4. Faciomaxillary trauma
5. Congenital anomalies of hand & ear
7. Reduction mammoplasty
9. Vascular anomalies
10. Post burndeformities
11. Hand injuries
12. Post traumatic raw areas
14. Nerve injuries
15. Cosmetic surgeries
17. Tubal recanalisation
18. Penoscrotal injuries
19. Complete perineal tear
20. Degloving injury
21. Crush injury with skin loss
22. Heel pad avulsion
24. Tendon injuries
25. Pressure sores
4.INTER DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES
All Plastic Surgeons in turns associate with other surgeons as a team for various reconstructive procedures in various departments like General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, ENT, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Gynaecology and Genito urinary.
|No Of Units In The Department
|O.P Days &Timings
||Tuesday, Wednesday Friday, Saturday
|| All the above days
|Average O.P/Per Annum
||Congenital deformities, Correction clinic
Cosmetic surgery clinic
|Surgeries per annum