|::Departments : Clinical : UROLOGY|
DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY|
- The Department of Urology, CMC Hospital was started in 1978 with one Assistant Professor.
- The Department was upgraded in June 1987 with addition of post of Professor of Urology.
- PROFESSOR AND HOD
1.DR R .KARUNAMOORTHY M.S,M.Ch Uro
1.Dr.N.Dhinakar babu M.S,M.Ch Uro
2.Dr.D.Mohankumar M.S,M.Ch Uro
- OP FACILITIES:
Twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- IP FACILITIES:
- Total bed strength:
- Post op
- Two M.S Post graduates are posted Every month.
- PG training includes Lectures, Ward rounds and case discussions.
- No. of OP days - Two / week (Tuesdays and Fridays )
- Any Urological emergencies are attended 24 hours all the days.
- No. of OT days - Two / week ( Mondays and Thursdays )
- KIDNEY TRANSPLANT ICU -2
- Average OPD attendence per day - 150
- Average No. of cases operated last year
- Minor - 254,
- Major - 234.
- Other facilities in Department
- Ultrasonogram machine
- Lithotrypsy machine for use of intracorporeallithotrypsy
- URS – Ureteroscopicremoval of ureteric calculi
- ENDOUROLOGICAL PROCEDURES
- OPEN PROCEDURES
- RENAL TRANSPLANT PROGRAMME